“Caboose Club” Ride
Tired of getting passed on the trails by super fast groups of riders? Always feel like you’re bringing up the rear when you go for ride? Well, every train needs a caboose! And this ride is for ALL the caboose-es out there! We will do one loop at Flatwoods Park with a pace of about 8-12 mph. We will have lots of fun and grab a bite at Panera afterwards.
IS THIS RIDE FOR ME?
1. Yes! -This ride is for you!
2. I am intimdated by group rides. -This is not that kind of ride; this is for you!
3. Am I fast enough?? -It doesnt matter. This ride is for you!
4. I am a new rider/getting back into riding after a long while -This ride is for you!
5. I am an experienced rider but I want to go for a fun casual ride -This ride is for you!
6. I have a large “caboose” and wish for it to become smaller. -This ride is for you!
7. I am a grumpy jerk. -This ride is NOT for you.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Meet at Oliver’s Cycle Sports at 9am
Roll out to Flatwoods at 9:15am via Galbraith to Richmond Place, cross at the light.
Ride half of the loop and take a break at the waterstation. closest to Morris Bridge Road for about 15min. Then Ride the second half of the loop and back to the shop.
Total Ride will be about 12 miles.
It should take us approx. 1hr and 45 min door to door.
Pace will be 8 to 12mph depending on rider ability.
The goal is to stay together as a group, ride single file, and let faster riders pass on the left.
Style of bikes recommended are hybrids, cruisers, and mountain bikes (but all styles are welcome)
Helmets are VERY STRONGLY recommended.
The Park has water but we recommend that you bring your own bottle.
Plan on grabbing a bite at Panera afterwards.
BEFORE THE DAY OF THE RIDE
If your bike is in need of service, please bring it in the previous week to ensure ample time for any repairs.
Inflate your tires the day before.
For questions call Oliver’s at 813-910-0207 and ask for Sarah