There are many programs and initiatives that promote a fun, safe pedestrian and bicycle culture in the Tampa Bay area. Whether you’re looking for a pedestrian safety presentation for your group or a guided walking tour of Downtown Tampa, you’ll find a list of programs and initiatives below that benefit Tampa Bay communities.
Do the Local Motion
WalkWise Tampa Bay
Bike Friendly Tampa
- Cyclovia - Cyclovia (also referred to as Ciclovía or Open Streets) is based on the Spanish word for “cycle path.” Ciclovía is a weekly tradition that started in Bogotá, Colombia, which temporarily closes major city streets to car traffic and converts them into safe and open, car-free environments for families to run, bike, play and be well together.
- Coast Bikeshare - a network of stations where bikes are publicly available for short-term rental through several different fare options. See Tampa or St. Petersburg
- Tampa BayCycle - a program that promotes safe and enjoyable biking for everyday transportation and recreation for a livable community in the Tampa Bay area.
- TBARTA Emergency Ride Home – provides a free (or low cost) emergency taxi ride home if you carpool, vanpool, ride the bus, bicycle or walk to work.
- TBARTA Bicycle Buddy Program - a free service through Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority (TBARTA) that matches bicycle commuters with one another.
- HART Bikes on Buses - program with resources that make it easy to bring your bicycle on the bus.
- PSTA Bikes on Buses - program with resources that make it easy to bring your bicycle on the bus.