Your best source of information for all bicycle and pedestrian related activities
Bike/Walk Tampa Bay (BWTB) is a regional coalition of citizens, advocates, professionals, and allied organizations created to make walking and bicycling the preferred modes of transportation in the Tampa Bay region. The Coalition was formed by a partnership between the New North Transportation Alliance, the Tampa Downtown Partnership, the Westshore Alliance, the St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership, the Florida Department of Transportation, the Community Traffic Safety Teams of Tampa Bay, and the Hillsborough and Pinellas Metropolitan Planning Organizations. To accomplish this goal, we engage and empower local communities and stakeholders to achieve our region’s vision for a better transportation future.
Help support safe bicycling and walking in the Tampa Bay region by donating today!
Tax-deductible donations can be made to the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) Bike/Walk Safety Fund to support bicycling and walking research, education, and outreach efforts, such as:
- Providing bicycle lights and other safety items to those in need
- Educating and encouraging biking and walking for a healthy lifestyle
- Research for determining different modes of transportation that are safe and accessible
- Support the Bike/Walk Tampa Bay Michael Schwaid Bicyclist of the Year Award- remembering bicyclists and pedestrians we have lost
Julie Bond, MPA
Senior Research Associate
Ms. Bond is a Senior Research Associate at the Center for Urban Transportation & Research at the University of South Florida and specializes in Transportation Demand Management and bicycle/pedestrian safety. She is serving as the Program Director for BWTB.
Did you know...
- The City of Tampa has 137 miles of on-street bike lanes. The City of St. Petersburg has 125 miles of on-street bike lanes and shared use trails.
- There are over 250 Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs) at crosswalks throughout the Tampa Bay region.
- Since launching in 2014, over 450,000 trips have been made on Coast Bike Share between the Tampa, St. Petersburg and USF systems.
- Over 5,000 cyclists, walkers, bikers, and rollerbladers use the Pinellas Trail daily.
Click in the upper right hand corner of the dialog box to read our Progress Report for 2018!